We all live in a fast speed society, most of us are very busy throughout the whole day. Some of us use electronics like laptops and mobiles on a moderate level and are constantly plugged-in. All of the mentioned factors are causing difficulties to fall asleep and can also lead to inadequate sleep or insomnia. More than 41% of the USA citizens don’t get the advised 7-8 hours of sleep during the night.
Having enough sleep is a must for all humans, because our cells regenerate during sleep, allowing us to execute all the needed tasks during the day. Sleeping is unquestionably vital to our healthy living. However, sleep deficiency can lead to poor physical and mental health. Also, includes some health issues like obesity, high blood pressure, heart disease, anxiety, and depression.
Technique How To Fall Asleep Quickly
Sometimes clearing our mind before sleep seems like a difficult task. Therefore we suggest a 4-7-8 breathing technique to implement as a natural sleep support for the sleepless nights. Please check below how to do it, its straightforward method.
- Ensure you have the correct comfortable position to allow a deep breath. Sit on the bed and, relax the shoulders.
- Put the tip of the tongue on the top of the mouth behind the front teeth. Keep it there during the activity, even as you release the breath.
- Then release the breath completely.
- Inhale through the nose while counting of four.
- Hold the breath when counting of seven.
- Release the breath through the mouth when counting eight.
- Last, complete the whole process three more times.
You will need a few nights to practice this procedure, but attempting it consistently will give the result. You might have difficulty focusing on the exercise at first, but just practice to let sometimes before sleep so that you can concentrate only on breathing. This technique is effective because slows down breathing naturally, improves oxygen distribution to the organs it reduces anxiety stress, and distracting thoughts.